You Should have:
- A well maintained vehicle (do preventative maintenance and repairs before the trip).
- A full fuel tank.
- A full sized spare (same size as your regular tires).
- Lunch and snacks for you and those you bring (donít forget a trash bag).
- Extra food and water in case of emergency.
- Toilet paper and a shovel (there are not always restrooms available).
- First aid kit (include any regular medications you may need if the trip takes longer than expected).
- Fire extinguisher
- Jackets, extra clothes and/or blankets for Coloradoís unpredictable weather and in case you are stranded overnight.
Nice to have:
- Tools and parts for trail repairs
- CB and/or ham radio (cell phones are also good to have but are not always reliable in the back country).
- Tow strap (the kind without hooks is best)
- Tire chains (make sure they fit your tires)
- High Lift jack
- Camp chairs to sit in at lunch
- Camera and film
- Maps and guide books
- If you have a winch: tree strap, clevis and snatch block
- Scrap metal to pay for Jeep mods